WHAT WE DO
MONOLITH is a bi-annual publication, which documents the unexplained and the overlooked. We provide journalistic coverage of anything from modern biological science to extraterrestrial life forms, spirituality, philosophy, psychedelia. We relish in the information and stimulation of our readers.
Attempting to evoke curiosity and intrigue, by avoiding the celebrity- and culture-centric tone already so widely accessible, we are a visionary publication. We often appeal to our readers with content that is regularly segregated with wild fanaticism or blatant insanity. It is our unbiased, informative tone and well-balanced research that sets us apart from the uninformed enthusiasts of the world.
Attracting open-minded individuals who rarely take what they read on face value, we explore the crevasses of contemporary culture and the belief systems and lifestyles that are misunderstood at first glance.
WHY WE NEED FUNDING
We are raising the funds for the first print run of Monolith. Although there is an online sector of the magazine, the nostalgic aesthetic and collectible concept of the publication does not translate properly in an online format, as you may notice from the promotional video.
We would also like to be able to throw a launch party for the magazine, to raise full awareness of who we are and what we intend to achieve.
Please take a look at the rewards that are on offer. Thank you for your support.
THE FUTURE FOR MONOLITH
We intend to:
- Launch a monthly movie night called Tunnel Vision. On the last Wednesday of every month from the 25th July 2012, MONOLITH will be screening both cult and contemporary feature films at the Star of Kings, London N1 0AX. Everyone is welcome!
- Launch a video channel. The promotional video for this project is the first in a string of films, which will be screened exclusively at our monthly movie nights. These films will predominantly be micro-documentaries in keeping with the theme of the magazine.
- Continue the online sector. Since MONOLITH is a bi-annual print project, our website is crucial in maintaining a relationship with our readers.
- Continue our print edition. The demand for our first printed issue has confirmed our intentions to continue to run a print edition. This first investment would be enough to set MONOLITH up for a long and exciting journey. Please help us achieve this goal!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Make a pledge in return for one of our amazing rewards.
- Attend our film nights at the Star of Kings, London N1 0AX on the last Wednesday of every month from July 25th 2012.
- Read, like and share our articles and photo shoots at www.monolithmagazine.co.uk
- Spread the word.
Thank you again for all of your support, it's hugely appreciated.
Everyone who pledges more than £2.50 gets their name places into a draw to win one of our one-off, handmade t-shirts. By the end of the pledgings, there will be ten designs to pick from.
Those who pledge more than £50.00 will receive one of these limited edition tote bags!